- 250 grams parsnip, peeled and medium dice
- 250 grams carrot peeled and medium dice
- 250 grams cooking onion peeled and finely diced
- 250 grams butternut squash peeled and medium diced
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 red peppers medium diced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 litre Passata di pomodoro
- 250 ml or more extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml fresh parsley tear by hand
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ml dry oregano or fresh thyme
- 10 grams golden raisins
- 250 ml fresh mint and basil tear by hand
- 2 grams smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the cauliflower by removing the stem and let it steam in a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Remove the head of the cauliflower assuring the consistency remain firm, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor in order to obtain a rice consistency. Set aside.
- In a large skillet begin to sauté the parsnip in a little olive oil until about half cook and remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté the butternut squash in olive oil until half cook and set aside.
- Do the same steps for the carrots and set aside,
- In the same skillet sauté the onion and red peppers, add the garlic and cook for one minute, add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the vegetable to stew for 4 minutes and add the tomato passata.
- Cook the Ratatouille at medium low for about 20 minute or until vegetables and tender, season with the dry oregano and correct seasoning if needed.
- In a medium bowl combine the cauliflower with half of the parsley, mint and basil, add the raisin, season with salt and pepper a pinch of smoked paprika and olive oil.
- In a large serving plate put the cauliflower at the center of the plate, add the warm Ratatouille garnish with remaining basil and mint and a drizzle of olive oil.
Juice Pairing: Carrot Your Carotene