We’re Anita & Dario of
O’Live Your Life.
If you’ve spent any time on our website or Youtube channel, or you follow us anywhere on social media, you know we believe that healthy food and a slower-paced, more intentional daily routine are all part of the Mediterranean Lifestyle. Maybe you’ve experienced one of our challenges or you’re a part of our International Dinner Club and have already started incorporating our training and tools for living a more inspired, healthy, happy life.
We’ve incorporated that passion and understanding into our own tours, making them completely unique and truly one-of-a-kind. When you travel with us, you’ll be as immersed in the local culture as we can get you. We truly believe that the most meaningful travel experience allows you to live as a local for a short time. When you do that, you can allow the culture to take hold of you, and that changes you on a very deep and personal level. It’s a rare type of travel that most people never have the privilege of experiencing.
Here’s how we accomplish this:
No more than 20 participants.
Our retreats are conducted in intimate groups of no more than 20 participants. You’ll get to know us and each other on a very deep level and the connections you’ll make during our retreats often last a lifetime.
We cultivate off-the-beaten-path, unique experiences designed to challenge and inspire you in ways ordinary “tourist activities” can’t
We partner with locals.
This Tuscany retreat is truly a personal,
“insider” 7-Day Culinary Retreat.
You’ll experience Italy with locals on private tours normally reserved for top chefs from around the world.
You will stay in a 5-star villa at an organic vineyard near Arezzo in Tuscany, Italy, exclusively reserved for our private group. You’ll come with us as we visit friends and share our love of the people and culture of Tuscany. When you’re in Italy with us, you truly are family.
Included with your retreat
5 Lunches (1 Cooking Class)
Who are we?
Imagine having your own personal tour guides creating a well planned and researched tour while having such intimate knowledge of the country, region, food, and wine that it allows us to also create spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment experiences usually reserved for locals.
Not only will you see and taste our Italy, but you’ll also come to intimately understand, over the course of the 7 days, exactly what we mean by “living a Mediterranean lifestyle” as you connect with us, with locals, and with the others on the tour. You’ll not only learn to cook and eat the delicious food of the region, you’ll also truly live the Tuscan culture in a way that may just transform you in ways you can’t even imagine.
Imagine Your Dream Italian Vacation….
If you’ve always wanted to experience Italy, not as an average tourist but as a local with special privileges, you’ll want to plan to join us for this unique and life-changing experience.
YOUR Tuscan ITINERARY
* Details are approximate and subject to change
Saturday, Sept 24 – Arrive - Welcome to Italy!
- Transfer from Rome International Airport FCO
- Start your tour with our first winery tour and tasting
- Downtime to settle into our beautiful Tuscan Villa & unpack
- Group Welcome Dinner – Come meet us and your other travel companions and enjoy our first delicious meal together with wine pairing.
Day 1 – Sunday, Sept 25
- Olive Oil Tour – Olive oil is a staple of Italian cooking (and life) and today you’ll learn all about how it’s made and how the Italians use it as we take an
- Return to the Villa and take the afternoon relax by the pool or rest from your travel day yesterday
- Dinner – Ready to prepare your first Tuscan meal? Join us in the world-class Villa kitchen as we learn and cook our dinner together
Day 2 – Monday, Sept 26
- Siena – Today we’ll travel together to Siena and give you the day to explore one of Italy’s loveliest medieval cities
- Dinner at the Villa – We’ll return to the Villa and come together over a delicious dinner prepared for you by incredible local chefs and share the details of our day’s adventures
Day 3 – Tuesday, Sept 27
- Time to Relax by the Pool and take in the sites
- Dinner Cooking Class – We’ll come together for our second cooking class of the tour and enjoy the fruits of our labor as we dine together
- Locals Party in the Tuscan Hills – This is truly one of the highlights of this tour. You’ll join us and our local friends for a family-style BBQ, with local people, food, wine, and entertainment. This evening truly embodies the “family” feel of this tour and you’ll be moved and inspired by the connections you’ll make
Day 4 – Wednesday, Sept 28
- Florence – Today we’ll travel to Florence, the “Cradle of the Renaissance” and you’ll have the day to explore the many museums and sights in this incredible city
- Dinner – Ready to learn to make pasta? Tonight’s cooking class will teach you everything you need to know and our delicious dinner will remind you of why Italy is famous for its pasta
Day 5 – Thursday, Sept 29
- Parma Parmigiano Reggiano Tour – Go behind the scenes to find out how one of Italy’s most famous cheeses is made
- Modena – After the tour, we’ll head to Modena and spend some time with a Michelin Chef, learn about balsamic vinegar, and we’ll cap off the day with a pizza making class and dinner of one of the world’s most popular foods (but trust us, you’ve never had pizza this good before)!
Day 6 – Friday, September 30
- Monte San Savino – Today we’ll head to the hills as we visit this quaint village rich in medieval and Renaissance history
- Dinner – Tonight we’ll dine at the exquisite Gargonza Castle. Chianti valley, is the best place to admire enchanting Tuscan sunsets
Day 7 – Saturday, October 1
- Cooking Class – As our time together comes to an end, we’ll come together for one more cooking class where we’ll prepare a traditional breakfast together. This will be our final meal together
- Return To Rome transfer
Ready to go to Italy?
Now accepting applications for 2022
ONLY 8 SPOTS LEFT!
$4,997.99 USD p/p
Deposit Required to Hold Your Accommodations
$500.00 USD p/p
Tour Group of 20 Only
Final Payment Due June 30, 2022
- Airfare to Rome ROM
- 2 Lunches
- Personal Expenses
- Cancellation and Medical Insurance (must-have proof of)
Frequently asked questions
Q: What makes this travel experience different from other Italian tours?
A: The tours are with trained and experienced tour guides Dario & Anita, who know the country and people, thus providing a totally unique experience.
Q: Will I have free time to explore on my own?
A: Yes you have 2 afternoons in Florence and Siena, plus pool time to relax.
Q: What if I want a more bespoke experience? Is that possible?
A: All of our tours are bespoke for each small group, but if you’re looking for something more individual in particular, we’re always happy to add to the beginning or end of the trip
Q: I have questions that aren’t answered here. How do I get those answered?
*All prices and itineraries are per person, based on double occupancy, in USD dollars unless otherwise indicated and are subject to change without prior notice until final payment is paid. All prices apply to new bookings only, based on availability at the time of booking. This tour requires a minimum of 14 participants to operate. In the event of an increase in any of the cost factors, Passion Is Cooking reserves the right to increase the price whereby the provisions of the Travel Industry Act shall prevail.
Packages are 100% non-refundable and accommodations transferable to a future date if Passion Is Cooking creates. Travel Group strongly recommends the purchase of cancellation and emergency travel and medical insurance including COVID-19.
Please note: Participants must be able to embark and disembark coaches without assistance as well as have a good level of mobility for walking tours in destinations where stairs and traditional cobblestone streets can be challenging.