- 500 grams fresh ricotta
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50 grams grated parmigiano reggiano
- 100 grams fresh mussels
- 1 clove of garlic
- 125 ml dry white wine
- fresh basil and fresh mint
- 4 pieces vine ripe tomato (skin and seeds removed and cut into strips)
- 50 grams fresh spring peas
- 12 shrimps (16/20 size)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Combine flour ricotta eggs parmigiano and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and begin to mix. (Make sure you do not over mix)
- Form a small mass, and begin to cut in small sausage shape and roll.
- Cut the small sausage in 2 cm gnocchetti.
- Make sure after you have made all the gnocchi to keep them in the fridge
- Open the mussels in a pot with olive oil and 1 whole clove of garlic bring it to heat and add the clean mussels.
- Deglaze with white wine and cover until mussels will be open (approx. 4 minutes)
- Remove the pot from the stove allow to cool
- Removed the meat and discard the shells of the mussels and make sure you pass the liquid to a fine strainer and pour it over the mussels’ meat.
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil, lightly sear the clean shrimps shells removed (about 4 minutes).
- Remove the shrimps and set aside. In the same skillet add the sliced shallot, the vine tomato, and the fresh peas.
- Deglaze with the mussels liquid and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mussels and shrimps and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil season with coarse salt.
- Add the gnocchi and stir gently for 30 seconds.
- Allow gnocchi to come to surface and with a small spider removed them from the water and add them into your skillet with the shrimps and mussels sauce.
- Mix gently the gnocchi with the sauce and make sure you have sufficient liquid, add the grated parmigiano and fresh meant leaf and basil leaf.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.