Unique Pasta Tasting At Award-Winning School
One of the beautiful highlights of Dario’s training of world-class chefs for their Post Diploma Program in Italian cuisine is getting to experience great home-cooking food at exceptional destinations and top restaurants around the world.
Today, one such destination is Alma, the Award Winning Cooking School that Dario is affiliated with. It’s our pleasure to come here every year, as they showcase their various menus. It’s a top-notch cooking school, celebrating their cooking achievements, and their menus present pasta making from start to finish, in addition to delectable desserts.
Godfather of Italian Cuisine
Like the well-known Italian Godfather movies, the Alma Cooking School was founded by the Godfather of Italian cuisine, Gualtiero Marchesi. The chef had his first experience in the kitchen when his parents ran the hotel and restaurant, L’Alberga del Mercato. It is unanimously believed in cooking circles that chef Gualtiero creates the Italian version of the French nouvelle cuisine.
Dario was trained with this master chef and also worked with him accordingly for many years. Like Dario, Gualtiero was born in Milan, and both men’s cooking techniques are being used all over the world today. Master chef Gualtiero Marchesi died in December 2017.
Pasta Making — 9-Course Chef Tasting in Italy
- Spaghetti Soffiate, Caviale es Gel di Agio Dolce
- Spaghetti with Caviar & Sweet Garlic Gel
- Pepper & Pecorino
- Gyoza a Vapore Con Salsa al Tamarindo
- Steamed Gyoza with Tamarind Sauce
- Tazza di Tortellini in Consomme
- Tortellini in Broth
- Sfogilia di Patate con Ricotta Affunicata, Pistacchio e Piselle
- Potato Pastry with Pistacchio, Peas & Ricotta
- Tagliolini Al Caffe, Ricci e Mandorla
- Tagliolini with Coffee, Almond & Sea Urchin
- Ravioli alla Rossinni
- Ravioli Stuffed with Braised Veal & Foie Gras
- Rissoni, Yuzu e Liquirizia
- Rice with Yuzu Licorice
- Tortolli, Dolci, Fragole e Marscarpone
- Sweet Hibiscus Tortelli with Strawberries Marscarpone
We salute the Alma Italian Cooking School, its founder, chef Gualtiero and chef Dario, whose cooking techniques and recipes are also used around the world to excite taste buds and bring culinary satisfaction the Mediterranean way.